2.28.2009

On the eve of your birthday...

Rory,
I cannot believe you will be two years old tomorrow. I can honestly say the time has flown for me and I feel it will continue to be at warp speed for some time to come.
You are the most amazing being to have ever come into my life and I honestly cannot remember what my life was before you existed.
You have made me feel such joy, exasperation, love, exhaustion, confusion and amazement in which I didn't know could exist. It still amazes me that your Daddy and I created you and that before us, you did not exist. But, in some way...you always did. You are the best of what we are or ever hope to be. You live up to the names of the women you were named after so gracefully. I have no doubt you make them proud every minute of every day.
There are so many things I have already forgotten and some things I never will. To see you light up when you see me...if I had to live the rest of my life with just that memory, I would die a happy woman.
I thank the Lord every day for you and for choosing me to be your Mommy.

I love you always.

1 comment:

Jill Labbee said...

that letter was so sweet Jessica!