12.30.2008

I need a minute.

Today is Tuesday, December 30th and it has been a wonderful day. It started out like any other. Ross off to work, Rory playing, a time out thrown in for good measure...but then it happened.
It just turned out to be wonderful.
We went to the zoo today with some friends, had lunch and then came home to play before nap time.
I am just so amazed at my little girl. She is so sweet, funny, loving, spunky and darling. I watch her imitate things I do and I want to cry. Today she "changed" Baby's diaper, blew her nose (and stuck the tissue in her purse, on her arm), put Baby down for a nap, and rocked her. She ran and mimicked all the big kids she saw at the zoo and almost looked like one herself.
She is now wearing a lot of 3T clothes, a size 8 shoe and is a little under 35lbs. I have to remember these things because there are already so many memories gone. Pushed aside by mundane things. How did I let that happen? No one told me this whole parenting thing would be filled with a happy melancholy.




2 comments:

Kathy McCall said...

So true - seems to me that Julia was born just yesterday and now she has braces on her teeth and is about to register for middle school. It goes by faster and faster the older they (we) get!

mhemrich said...

I think about that too... You always think that you will never forget all of the little things, but as they get older, the little memories are gone so fast...