Rory went to school like normal yesterday and came home and seemed okay. Took a nap and woke up very unhappy. It took her a long time to wake up and she wanted to be held. Then we were going to a friend's house to drop off some items and during the car ride over Rory would shake like she was cold. It was really scaring me! Her eyes were half closed and I was hurrying to my friend's house as she is a nurse.
I already had a call into the doctor's office and was waiting for them to call back, but my friend convinced me to get an appointment that day. So I got one and Rory is just not herself whatsoever.
We have an hour till the appointment and I decide just to wait at the doctor's office in case they can see us earlier. Rory only wants to be held, so I carried her 32lb self for about 2 hours straight! I can feel that her temperature is climbing and ask for them to take her temp. It is 102 and we get Motrin. We got in the exam room and Rory wants to leave. :(
Finally we get seen and the doctor says Rory has a very bad right ear infection. We also got a script for Omnicef. Yay!
Had we not had the snow on Sunday, we would have had our scheduled appointment on Monday and caught this darn thing back then!
Oh well...
The miraculous thing is that as soon as we get home, the Motrin kicks in and you would have never known Rory had been so miserable!
Ross jokingly asked if I was serious about how sick Rory had been. She was jumping, laughing, tickling and playing like nothing was wrong.
I'm glad for it!
1 comment:
Poor Rory! I am glad the medicine was helping her already though. Hope she's back to her normal self soon!
Post a Comment