10.12.2008

My baby now has a baby.

This morning we were doing what we usually do on the weekends, eat breakfast and hang around in our pjs for as long as possible. While Ross & I sat on the sofa, Rory was playing around us in the sunroom. She sat down at her table & chairs and pulled up her rocking horse/dinosaur ("Dino") as close as she could next to her (while sitting). She proceeded to pet his head and touch his eyes, etc. It was like she had a buddy or something!
It was so adorable I think we both had tears in our eyes. After I shot down Ross' idea of just giving Rory a sibling, we decided to go out and buy Rory a baby doll. We were going to wait till Christmas, but the need seemed more "urgent" after we saw her playing with Dino.
So, we headed to Toys-R-Us for our first real toy seeking trip ever. I was worried when I asked a sales associate where baby dolls were and he pointed to the pink aisle and then said there were THREE aisles devoted to baby dolls! I did a double take when he said that ('cause I was already kind of walking away) and I swear he snickered at my shock!
After much discussion and me having to do some simple breathing exercises (most of you know that dolls F-R-E-A-K me out, especially ones with moving parts & eyes)...we hunted down Rory's first baby. I was pulling for a super cute Cabbage Patch doll, but then we honed in on doll that was small and had a bottle you could "feed" it and it moves its legs when you twist the bottle. We tried giving Rory another one to try out and she just about lost it when we tried taking that doll away...so, we figured that was her "baby"! After walking away she continued to try and feed the baby and would open her mouth and say "ahh" to open its mouth so she could feed it better!
Then we decided to get Rory a baby doll stroller (she loves strollers also) and decided to look at tricycles (for Christmas). Rory tried out a few and then was asking for her baby so it could ride next to her-too cute! After a little while I decided we needed to leave so, I go to check out while Ross is wrangling Rory. I'm swiping my card when I hear crying...sure enough it was Rory! :(
Ross said she was upset that she had to leave a Flintstone type car and proceeded to cry most of the way home. I even took out her baby doll from the packaging and she dropped her! LOL
Overall, a good first trip to Mecca aka Toys-R-Us.



No comments: