3.03.2010

A Max & Ruby "Bunny Cakes" birthday

Rory is enamored with the cartoon Max & Ruby. When it comes on, she runs around announcing it to anyone "MAX & RUBY'S ON!". True story.
So when it came time for her birthday party, I thought we should do a loosely themed party on the brother & sister duo.
My idea was to mainly focus the theme from a book by the M&R creator, Rosemary Wells named "Bunny Cakes".
(Looking back, I wish I had read the book out loud. Too late now! I had the book there though!)


In the book, Ruby is her normal bossy self, undaunted by Max. They are both making cakes for Grandma since it is her birthday. Max makes an earthworm cake (mud/dirt) and Ruby makes an angel surprise cake with raspberry fluff icing.
So the activity of the party was for the kids to decorate their own cupcakes! And of course I had to make both cakes for Rory. Sloppy baking is my specialty! I think everyone had a great time and I'm thankful the weather was nice so the kids could play outside after wards to burn off some of the sugar they imbibed!
Everyone had Chick-fil-a nuggets and chicken salad sandwiches. It was funny, I'm not sure who was more excited. The Dads for the Chick-fil-a nuggets or the kids for the cake!
Thanks for helping celebrate Rory's 3rd birthday everyone!










2 comments:

Katie said...

What an awesome party idea! R looks like she had a ton of fun. :) You looked great too, by the way!

SpunkyToes said...

It is perfect! We are big Max and Ruby fans here as well.